Terrorism and War Prevention
IALANA encourages alternatives to the threat or use of force in responding to international security concerns whether they arise from terrorism, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, unresolved conflicts or aggression.
IALANA undertakes a number of activities including:
* Promoting the use and further development of legal mechanisms and methods for conflict resolution
* Working as an active member of the Global Action to Prevent War which brings together many of the specific arms control and conflict resolution initiatives nationally and internationally
* Providing legal analysis on potential uses of force in order to clarify the legal norm against such use
* Taking legal action against illegal uses or threats to use force
* Strengthening the norm of individual responsibility for war crimes, crimes against humanity and the crime of aggression.
Global Action to Prevent War
Global Action to Prevent War is a program for government and grassroots efforts to stop war, genocide and other forms of deadly conflict. It aims to bring together many of the specific arms control and conflict resolution initiatives nationally and internationally in order to develop cooperation between the different efforts and to address possible gaps.
LCNP works in partnership with a number of groups on the project including the World Order Models Project (WOMP), Union of Concerned Scientists and Institute for Defense and Disarmament Studies.